Jane (Jennie) Earnshaw was the sixth child of Thomas Earnshaw & Jane Turnbull christened June 21st, 1865 at St John’s, Seaham Harbour, Co Durham.
Jane’s family had moved to Haswell Colliery by 1871 & she had 6 brothers at that time.
In 1881 Jane was still living at home, now Elemore Lane, Hetton-le-Hole, Co Durham. She was working as a domestic servant & there were still 5 brothers at home.
Jane, now known as Jennie, married in Oct-December 1889 at Houghton-le-Spring, Co Durham. Her husband was John Bagley. John was born November 28th, 1860 at Brick Garth, Hetton-le-Hole, Co Durham, the son of Ann & Thomas Bagley, a banksman.
The 1891 census shows John, a police constable with the Metropolitan Police, living at 6 Elkington Buildings, St James Westminster, London.
By 1901 Jennie & John were living at 30 Mansfield Rd, Kentish Town, St Pancras & John was now a police sergeant. They had a 7 year old daughter, Elizabeth.
Jennie & John had moved to 15 Constantine Rd, Hampstead, London by 1911 & John was described as a police sergeant working for the government. Daughter Elizabeth was still at home & working as a cashier in a draper’s shop.
John, aged 63, died in Oct-December 1923 at Pancras, London.
Jennie died on November 25th, 1930 at 7 Courthope Rd, Hampstead. Administration of her estate was granted to daughter Elizabeth, a spinster, & her effects were £729.10s.1d.
The 1939 register shows daughter Elizabeth living at 7 Courthope Rd, St Pancras & working as an insurance clerk. Living with her was another insurance clerk, Marjory Sheppard.
Elizabeth of 21 Manor View, Longmeadow, Stevenage died in 1958 & probate was granted to Marjory Dagmar Sheppard, spinster. Her estate was valued at £1,703.10s.10d.
The children of Jane (Jennie) Earnshaw & John Bagley were:
e.126.96.36.199 Jane Annie Bagley born at 6 Elkington Buildings & christened August 12th, 1891 at St Peter’s, Great Windmill St, Westminster; died Jan-March 1892 in Westminster
e.188.8.131.52 Elizabeth Bagley born December 19th, 1893 at Elkington Buildings, Charing Cross Rd, London & christened January 21st, 1894 at St James, Westminster, Middlesex; died August 9th, 1958 at the General Hospital, Barnet, Hertfordshire