Mary Hannah Pallister was the seventh child of William Speed Pallister & Mary Bellwood born June 30th, 1876 at Earsdon, Northumberland.
In 1881 the family were living at 1 Whitley Row, Whitley, Northumberland.
By 1891 Mary was still living at home with her parents & brothers & sisters at 26 Melton Terr, New Hartley, Seaton Delaval, Northumberland.
Mary married Edward Duncan Allen in Oct-December 1897 at Castle Ward, Northumberland. Edward was born February 27th, 1874 at Coxlodge, Gosforth, the son of Elizabeth & William Allen, a fireman at Coxlodge Colliery.
In 1901 Mary & Edward were living at Hepscott Village, Morpeth & Edward was a railway signal porter. They had 2 daughters – Elizabeth (2) & Mary (6 months).
By 1911 the family had moved to 136 Audley Rd, Gosforth & Edward was now described as a signalman working for the NE Railway Company. Both daughters were still at home & were scholars.
Daughter Mary married Arthur William Jopling in April-June 1922 in Castle Ward, Northumberland. Daughter Elizabeth married Walter McCulloch Hope in July-September 1924 in Castle Ward, Northumberland.
The 1939 register shows Mary & Edward living at 52 Hollywood Avenue, Gosforth, Newcastle-upon-Tyne. Edward was now a retired railway signalman & was a special constable for the LNER. Living next door at 50 Hollywood Avenue, Gosforth were daughter Elizabeth & husband Walter Hope who was also a railway signalman.
Daughter Mary & husband Arthur Jopling, a railway clerk, were living at 7 Southend Rd, New Hunstanton, Norfolk at the time of the 1939 register.
Edward died on January 9th, 1954 at 52 Hollywood Avenue, Gosforth. Probate was granted to Arthur William Jopling, railway clerk & Walter McCulloch Hope, railway signalman & his effects were £1,482.15s.7d.
The children of Mary Hannah Pallister & Edward Duncan Allen were:
p.184.108.40.206.220.127.116.11 Elizabeth Allen born August 18th, 1898 at Morpeth, Northumberland; died March 1st, 1970 in North Northumberland.
p.18.104.22.168.22.214.171.124 Mary Allen born September 20th, 1900 at Morpeth, Northumberland